Lyle, and all of Lyle and Joyce’s children, attended Lincoln School in Hyrum. The school, a three-story brick structure, was built in 1911. When Lyle attended (1932 – 1940), the school housed first through eighth grades with students moving on to South Cache (also in Hyrum) for high school.
As Lyle and Joyce’s children made their way through elementary school, they found themselves sitting in front of many of Lyle’s former teachers, including: William Bailey, the principal and sixth grade teacher; Bessie Brown, the librarian; Mrs. Darley, first grade; Mrs. Jenny (Dewey) Nielsen, 2nd grade; and Miss Lila Eliason, third grade. Oh, if those walls could talk!
The school building and gymnasium were torn down in 1994 and replaced by the new Lincoln School located east of the original site.